Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Showcase my rescaped 2 ft low maintenance tank

Went home and started working on the 2 ft low maintenance tank with the hortwort and rocks in my tank. Did some re-arrangement to the plants and driftwood in the tank before I prepare the hortwort from Victor (need to cut them shorter as they are too long). Will plant more later once they grow longer. : ) Also added the rocks Kelvin gave to me on the side of the driftwood. Did not do anything on the driftwood or behind it since I would be taking it out to redo the moss and also the nanas and java fern. Also added the 11 amber tetra into the tank (should have 12, think need to look for 1 tomorrow in my office tank). Still fresh with excitement after the rescape so post the pictures here.

Looks more lively compared to the "desert" look previously. I personally feel much better now. No place to put the bogwood with java moss (want to get more lights so no intention to put at the back of the tank so put it in front instead).

Also post the picture of the amber tetra (in the middle, between 2 white cloud mountain minows).

1 comment:

Diki said...

Thanks for your compliment...

Well, since the tanks have been with me for a while, the first update of the tanks are in December 2005. You can read what u want as you look at the blogs on my updates.

From a reply from the Internet, they are not actually part of the cichlid family, but would treat them like cichlids, they're actually part of the Nandidae family, together with leaf fish. Lively fish and have an eye for moving prey. Since most of my fishes and shrimps are bigger than them (not sure about shrimplets), they are still manageable. Else put them with bigger fishes (rummy nose, cherry barb, cardinal, white cloud mountain minow and molly). : P

I don't really know. They always look like that. Think too well fed. Need 22 degree for them to breed so no way in my tank.