Sunday, April 09, 2006

Rescaping... Rescaping... So much to do but so little time. : (

It is a long day for me... So tired but satisfied. : D

I have spent half a day rescaping 2 tanks. That is 2 tanks in a day! My main reason is that the 2ft high maintenance planted tank was infected with algae and I'm so sick of it (neglected it for too long) and decided to do a long awaited cleanup. I have removed all the fishes into a pail and scoped most of the lapis sand into another pail. Instead of using chemicals to kill the BBA, I used hot water. This actually kills them, for now and also others (snails.. Hee.. Hee... and on no... BB as well). Since my canister filter (Ehiem 2213) has not been cleaned, I took this opportunity to clean it as well.

Have rescaped the tanks since I need to rearrange the plants (mostly moss on driftwood/bogwood). I have noticed that the moss in my shrimp tank is not growing well but grows well under my 2 ft high maintenance planted tank (55W light set one) and also the ones in the 2 ft high maintenance planted tank have algae on them. I have put the algae infected moss into the shrimp tank and hope that the shrimps would take care of the algae. Below is the new rescape picture of my 1 ft cube shrimp tank. I think it looks better now with the new moss on driftwood.

Now you can see my shrimps quite clearly. Even if there are fishes around, when they saw the taiwan moss that is infested with algae, you can see why so many of them are on that moss now. The rest is not that badly affected then.


Here is a close shot of my shrimps grazing the moss on the driftwood. This piece of driftwood is the best one that I have found due to its interesting shape. Cannot find another one like it. :)


In this blur picture, you can see the clown killie fish at the background. This is the best shot that I have right now on them. Now I would move on to the newly rescaped 2 ft high maintenance planted tank.

I have shifted the big bogwood from the shrimp tank to this tank. I have also consolidated most of my java moss into this tank (on the left side of the tank). They are to provide some form of hidding space for my future shrimps (Yes, I intent to put in some Malayan and cherry shrimps). With that consideration in mind, I have moved the rummy nose, male guppies and a platry into the low maintenance planted tank (this tank also have algae so need to work on it next time)

This is another picture of the same tank. Now I have cherry barbs and a cardinal inside there. I know it is not completed filled as I still have some other cardinals in a pail (pail is too small to hold all the fishes so offload the cherry barbs (they are more hardy) into this tank. Actually, I added liquid BB to speed up the process of BB generation, together with the driftwood/bogwood with moss/java ferns (already got BB on them from other tanks), so did not start from zero. So hopefully I can complete this tank by tomorrow morning (need to go out in the afternoon). : P Hopefully my cardinals can survive in the pail for a night. Praying hard ...

Above is the picture of the completed decoration of the shallow tank with money plant. Actually had taken this picture a few days ago. Since now the money plants are growing well here (better than the ones outside ...) .

Well. hope I did not bore you guys reading my blog on some details on what I did. : ) On well, I don't care anyway ... : P

No comments: