Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Office tank picture update and minor updates

Just managed to capture a picture of the 1 ft shrimp tank. Here is the picture. Also latest addition from Victor is the hortwort that he donated to try out in my tank.

This is a small setup since I not sure how the response is in my office. However, my colleagues reponses have been encouraging, since this is the first time someone setup a shrimp tank. There is already a goldfish and koi tank. My cherries have been living happily there. I found that most of the algae has been cleared by these fellas. Not bad since they have been there for only 2 days. : ) It seems that there are actually 3 females in the tank instead of 2.

Here is a picture of my cherries in the tank.

Above is my 2 ft high maintenance planted tank after I added in the cardinals and cherry and malayan shrimps. Also top up the water to the current height. Looks pretty bare now but once the moss grows, it might be better. Also my intent is to make this another shrimp and fish tank so don't want to mess it up right now. Also limited by the plants that I have on hand and my scape design.

This is how my current 2 ft low maintenance tank looks like now. Now housing white cloud mountain minow, rummy noses and a flame platy. I have intention to do a "over-haul" for this tank in the weekend as it also has been affected by BBA. However, it would not change much since I do not have much plants to play with at the moment. May get some if I can find what I like or just grow more moss. Then need to search for suitable driftwood/bogwood.

No comments: