Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Office tank update, fishes sold and new ones coming... I hope...

Found a dead cherry shrimp in the office shrimp tank. Scoped it out and also some dead leaves from the hortwort as well. Both are failed attempts to beautify the tank. Looks like the amber tetra got hungry during the weekend. > _< Intend to add more space for the shrimps to hide and Kelvin as agreed to bring some stones to provide some hidding place. This morning, while rescaping the tank, found another dead cherry shrimp. Now left 6 of them in the tank. Even after rescaping with the stones, it does not seem to help much. The driftwood is too big to make much difference. Victor also brought quite a bit of hortwort for me. Will go home and work on my scape for my 2 ft low maintenance tank tonight. : ) Also I have spoken to the amber tetra owner and he asked me to take them home, since they are attacking my shrimps. I would be bringing the amber tetras home and taking 5 boraras here to office tomorrow. New fishes to add in my tank. : P

Yesterday sold 20 rummy noses and 20 white cloud mountain minows to Justikanz. He is trying the fishes out in his 4 ft tank (currently under re-construction process). Hope the fishes are happy in their new home. : P Now I think left 6 white cloud mountain minow and 15 rummy noses in my tank now. Looks so bare. Somemore the scape now look like desert. : P Hopefully can improve the appearance slowly...

Had to make some changes to my rescaping of the 2 ft low maintenane planted tank. First of all, clown loach is a BIG no no! Just in some forum that they grow very big (30 cm) and will feast on shrimps and even my tetras! So killed the idea of keeping them now. Still having second thoughts of buying glass catfish and corys. Since corys like sandy bottom, my subtrate might not be the best for them. Also don't like the idea of using sand since not good for rooted plants and don't want to separate the lapis sand and the fine sand later. Got some idea how to secure the hortwort to plant them like stem plants. Will post picture if I can. May get some other low maintenance plants if I can go to Teo aquarium in Lim Chu Kang or finds some that I like in LFS.

No comments: