Sunday, April 16, 2006

New additions in my 2 ft high maintenance planted tank : )

Just went to C328 to look for some boraras maculatus (saw some there before) add some into my office shrimp tank, else must go Biotope/Ben Aquarium to look for some. At first cannot find the boraras maculatus but found Scarlet Badis (Dario Dario). They are very small (around 2cm) and have red stripes. Have been looking for them for a while but could not find them. Saw them in JE217 but they do not have any stock. Bought 6 of them, if my wife did not stop me, may buy more. : P Here is how they looked like. Not so colourful yet but you get the idea.

Have found out after I bought them : P, that they make good community fishes but they like to hide. Maybe due to their size. For mine, some like to explore while some just "hide" somewhere but more are exploring now. That is a good sign. Also they seems to prefer live food, oops... will train them to eat my fish food or where to find tubifex worms everyday for them?!? They are so small. Tried flake food and trying micro-pellets for the next few days. Hopefully they can make it. Saw 2 shit so must eat then can shit right?!? Hope they can survive well in my tank. Pray hard...


Also found some boraras maculatus in a small container (with other fishes) and bought 5 of them. When looking at them after put them in my tank, found that 3 of them had chipped tail fins (not sure about other fins). Either got bitten by fishes in the small container in C328 or in my tank. Since just found out, I cannot blame my cardinals and cherry barbs so will monitor these 5 for a while. Don't think they are suitable to be put in my office tank now so will look for some in Biotope next week. They are really thin, but after my tender loving care (tlc) :P, they should be like my first batch of boraras maculatus, nice and a little fat. Hee... Hee... Also retie some moss onto a driftwood and introduce a driftwood with java moss and small nanas into my tank. Will post a picture some other time. It creates a cave effect so my shrimps or small fishes can hide for a while. Cardinals and cherry barbs are rather fat and big now. The tank looks better now. Just need the moss to grow properly and it would be nicer (that would be a few months down the road, but it is worth it). May need to get some more moss to tie on my bogwood and driftwood.

No comments: