Thursday, April 27, 2006

Punishment for wood shrimp injury and more boraras

Went to Biotope with Victor and bought all their boraras maculatus (with 3 boraras maculatus) in the tank. Had a nice time talking to the uncle. Initial plan was to put 5 more boraras in my office tank. There is still 1 amber tetra there in the office tank. Could not catch it So leave it there, for now. : P

As I was looking at my wood shrimp, I found that one of its legs got broken with some red at the tip. I quickly removed it from the tank and put it in my shrimp tank. I was hoping the shrimp tank's cherry shrimps population to go higher before I put some into the tank again.

I then proceed to remove all the cherry barbs and most of the cardinal tetras to my low maintenance planted tank. I still left 5 cardinals in the tank. I also found out the cherry shrimps population seems to be lesser than what I initially put in. Must be eaten by some fishes! Later also found a shrimplet on a driftwood and when I try to put it back to the tank, it has already died! So sad. This might be the first surviving shrimplet in my tank. : ( Anyway, also rearrange some driftwood with ferns (to provide more hiding space for the shrimps (think don't need so already). I have also removed a small piece of driftwood so that I can retie moss on it later. It was one of my best growing moss until I put it into the shrimp tank. I think my shrimps too hungry and ate all the moss leaves, leaving only the stems. : ( So tired after doing all these, until 11:45pm. Had to call it a day... Need my beauty sleep. : )

Looked at my tank this morning. Found some cherry shrimps roaming the place. This is an unusual sight when my other fishes are in there. Now I have 25 boraras, 6 scarlet badis, 5 cardinals, 2 malayan shrimps and about 8 cherry shrimps (did not count them). Still looks ok to me. I think still a bit bare somewhere. May need to get more plants and moss to cover up some places. More work to do for this coming long weekend then. : )

Oh dear, after thinking for a while, I should put my nice fishes at the top tier and kept the shrimps at the lower tier (now is the opposite). I was thinking should I do it? Hmm... any comments? My wife would sure to complain one. Furthermore I have only rescaped both tanks recently. Don't really like the idea for now. Will shelf it until I cannot stand it then I will do it.

I have caught the amber tetra in my office tank (only after I removed my driftwood as he always hid under it and I cannot get the net to catch him). >_< Will bring him home to join the rest of the amber tetras in my tank. Actually brought 4 boraras maculatus to be put in the office tank, not 5. Will buy more, if I can help it. Since they are so small, it is a good excuse to buy more since their bioload is lower than normal small fishes.

Just went to C328 to get some tubifex worms for my scarlet badis (scared they starve to death since they prefer live food, not sure if they eat my food that I gave them. Don't want to wait until it is too late.) Saw an interesting small fish that is totally transparent except their eyes and tummy (looks like boraras but slightly longer and bigger than the biggest one that I have) Saw some red stuff in the tummy so I gather should be blood worms that they ate just now. So interesting to see. At least they are another option for transparent fishes (glass catfish & glass fish).

No comments: