Tuesday, April 11, 2006

More cherries in my office 1 ft tank ...

Yesterday I have caught 3 cherries from my shrimp tank to be brought to my office but found only 1 left, with a male guppy in there. It must have see the shrimps and jumped in for a meal. Was too busy or might have killed it for eating my 2 cute cherries. > _< The lonely cherry was brought and put into my office tank. It is able to settle down well , exploring the tank quite often and hiding some where too. Initially wanted to wait for a few more days before I get more cherries but my wife complain that it will be lonely and in the end, I got a few more last night to join him, including 2 female cherries. Have just put them into the office tank and they also seem to be able to settle down quite nicely here, no rushing around or to the surface. I have not brought any food to office for them yet but will do that maybe on Thurday. There should have enough algae there for them to eat until next week. : P With the new additions, the tank look more lively now. : ) Also since the 2 female cherries might be having eggs soon, so by 2 months should be able to see the first batch of shrimplets. So nice to see them around.

A colleague, Victor keeps guppies and have used the ketapang leave in his tank yesterday. He also tried growing moss and if successful, can also keep cherry shrimps. However, since he is keeping guppies, I have recommended to him to keep the cherries in another tank that he has instead. He seems interested in shrimps. So one more shrimp keeper convert?!? I will be passing him some male guppies for him to breed as I lost interest in them for a while. Now more into shrimps keeping and planted tanks.

I have also seen a few really cherry colour female cherries in my shrimp tank at home. Looks like ketapang leaves does help to enhance the colour of cherries. : )

Also have not seen any cherry shrimp casualties in my 2 ft tank. If all goes well, the tank would be converted to have shrimps as well. Just hope that the moss can grow well there first.

The poor white cloud minow which has fungal attack on its head has passed away yesterday. Found it floating when I was watching the fishes with my friend. Hope it rest in peace...

No comments: