Sunday, April 23, 2006

New owner for some of my fishes to make way for some new pets...

Actually, my 2 ft low maintenance tank has been overcrowded with my rummy noses and white cloud mountain minow. Should be more than 50 in there. Forget to count them during the rescaping the tank. I have intention to sell some of them off and finally posted in some forum. Confirm from a forumer Justikanz will take them (20 rummy nose and 20 white cloud mountain minows). I cannot determine how many is left but I think should have a smaller school so I can get more fishes. : D

After reading Aquarium Design book, got inspired to rescape the 2 ft low maintenance tank and also buy some new fishes which I want to keep or had kept before. Would also want to buy some more low maintenance plants (no CO2 and lower light requirement) to make the tank look nicer, since the current driftwood's Singapore moss have turned brown but slowly can see some growing again but at a painfully slow rate (likely replace with new moss as I now too lazy to take them off. Took me a long time to tie the singapore moss on that bogwood, you know).

Below are some fishes that I had in mind:
- Clown loach (Botia Macracantha). At least 2.
* They grow up to 30 cm and have been known to eat tetras, shrimps and snails. Like that how can get for my tank. No buy then. : P
- Corydoras (no idea which type yet). At least 6.
- Glass catfish (Kryptopterus Bicirrhis). At least 6.

Plants that I had in mind:
- Hortwort (Ceratophyllum submersum). May be able to get some from colleague Victor.
- Crypts (not sure which type, see can get from any forumer first)
- Hygrophila corymbosa (maybe, if I can find it)

No comments: