Thursday, April 20, 2006

Great deal and more surprises ...

Just went to Biotope to look for some boraras maculatus to put in my office shrimp tank. However, found that there are some boraras that are different and mixed with the boraras maculatus in the same tank. Since I was interested in getting some, I bought the 4 unknown boraras and 1 boraras maculatus. Later then I realize that the unknown boraras are Boraras uropthalmoides (exclamation mark rasborara). They should cost more than boraras maculatus. Lucky I got 4 of them.

When I went back to office to settle the new fishes, I found fishes below my plastic bag. Initially thought they are the reflections but then I realized that my colleague had already bought 12 tetras (not sure what they are now butI think they looked like golden colour) for my shrimp. I think they must be cannot stand seeing my tank without anything (shrimps hiding most of the time with the light on).
This is what I meant...
The new fishes in my office shrimp tank. Total 12 of them, 2 free from Ben's Wu Hu. Was thinking of going tomorrow after work. : D Actually spotted a shrimplet in my tank and took a picture of it using a colleague's new digicam. Not too clear though due to my poor skills lah.

Since I do not want to overcrowd my small 1 ft shrimp tank, I decided to bring back my boraras home to keep. Now the new boraras uropthalmoides have joined my 5 other boraras maculatus in my 2 ft planted tank. Some pictures to show how they looked like.

They are busy swimming with my other boraras in the same tank. It seems like the boraras can school together if the numbers are small and got other bigger fishes in the same tank (feel more secure). The boraras with a dot on their body are boraras maculatus and those with a stripe are boraras uropthalmoides (in case you are curious who is who).

Also got a picture to show for my wood shrimp. Not well taken but will have to do for now.

Very tired now. Will go sleep. Wife complaining that I buy too many fishes recently. Need to control this urge or she will kill me (nag me until I die : P) ...

No comments: