Saturday, May 27, 2006

Operation Eheim 2232/2231 and something more ...

Just went to get the 2 Ehiem Ecco 2232 from Jus. These 2 gems are the best Eheim canisters that one can get, unless I find a better one. Lower powered, high flowrate and small in size makes them a perfect canister filter for any 2 ft tanks. Initially did not consider them for they would cost $138 per pc. My budget was for 1 less than $100. Missed a few good buys (Ehiem2213, Hydor 10 along the way) but I must say I'm glad that I missed the chance to buy those filters or I would not have the chance to get these two at such a low price from Jus. Could not wait to fire them up when I reached home. Getting them up took some time as this is the first time I worked on these filters but seems need to start them the same way as Eheim 2213 (need to fill the inlet pipe so it can start sucking water into the filter). But after this, just need to use the valves that comes with the filters to stop the water flow so maintenance is much easier now. : P Now to reveal my latest collection ...

Here you are, my latest Eheim 2232s that I have. They would be placed side by side for the final placement but since they are new, would need for the BBs to generate and that should be about 2 weeks. From then on, will decommission my Ehiem 2213 (backup filter) and OHF (this can really rest in peace unless I give to my sis or sell it). May decommission my 2213 first since the bioload is only 4 boraras and about 10 cherry and malayan shrimps.

This is how it looks like at the side view. Sorry for the poor lighting. I think it looks nicer than the classic 2213 but cannot deny that 2213 was designed with some simple physics in mind. Still a favorite choice if you ask me (even Eheim seems to stop manufacturing 2213 to make way for its newer models. What a shame.).


Jus also gave me a piece of bogwood for me to tie my narrow java ferns on. I think the bogwood looks nice. Will be working on where to tie the narrow java ferns and fill the rest of the space with moss. I always likes java ferns with moss. To me looks better as it hides away the unsightly java fern roots.

No comments: