Sunday, September 24, 2006

Tanks updates and LFS shopping

I have brought another bogwood with moss, a crypt and narrow fern (1 stalk) to the office for my 1 ft tank. After putting them into the tank, with 2 small white rocks and spiky moss behind them, the tank looks a whole lot better compared to just having a bogwood with moss then. Most of my colleagues are saying that it looks nice since this is their first time up close to a planted tank. They were wondering what fishes are inside the tank but it is still a bare planted tank (NO FISH YET). This is to allow the Benificial Bacteria (BB) to establish (added some fish food to help kick start it over the weekend) before any fishes be introduced to this tank. Actually my initial intention for this office tank is to grow my moss on bogwood/driftwood and then bring them back home, since the environment is very suitable for growing plants. I may still bring in some shrimps or buy some but nothing is firm. Intent to bring some fishes to the office tomorrow but decide against it since I want to bring a thermometer to test the water temperature and also add water conditioner before adding any fishes. Looks like fishes will come at a later date. : P

I have decided to remove all the plants and lapis sand from the Planted Tank 2, making a bare bottom tank for fishes only. No to waste the 36w PL light, moss on driftwood, java fern on driftwood and spiky moss (in breeder box) would likely be put back. If BBA problem still cannot be controlled in this manner, it will finally become a bare bottom tank. Keep a lookout on this. : )

Both my wood shrimps have molted and gone hiding. Cannot find them anymore. The first one has been missing for a while now. Hope it is ok.

I have also bought 4 badis badis from C328 last Wednesday to try them out in my tanks. Intent to put 1 in my office actually but I scare it would not eat there. I have put 1 in Planted Tank 1 (1 currently in breeder box to see if I want to put it in office), 1 in shallow tank (Left with a female badis badis) and 1 in my shrimp tank. I'm trying to find out in which tank these nice males can survive without eating live food (where got time to go buy tubifex worms for them all the time?!?) and force them to feed on prepared food. Only time will tell or they would be like their previous counterparts, all males died since they do not eat.

This week I have been to Ben's Aquarium, Imperial Palace and Cichlid Forever (weekend by Stephen's naval mates. The Drive Poh is my primary school mate).

The Tiong Bahru market is ready now and there are 2 more additional LFS there, owned by a lady and a man. The man sells the Pseudomugil Furcatus at $1/pc. Would likely get from him if I want to keep these cute fishes.

Below is the picture of this cute fish that I found from RAINBOWFISH ON-LINE.


Interesting right?!?

Imperial Palace is a LFS devoted more to Arowanas. Can see quite a lot of nice looking ones there. Got some special fishes and rays for sale.

Cichlid Forever is near Kovan MRT. It has a wide selection of monster fishes available and also sells quite a lot of equipment and accessaries there. Big fish lovers sure to visit this place. Their rays seems to be cheaper and nicer.

I also went to PolyArt to get a size L breeder box ($4) and stringy moss ($2). Now the moss is placed near the window since I have to quarantine it for a while. Then it would be placed in my Planted Tank breeder box. The L breeder box is now in Planted Tank 2 loaded with spiky moss.

Since I got my digicam back. May post pictures of my tanks soon. Just keep coming back to see if they are available. : P

No comments: