Sunday, September 17, 2006

Tanks update, new Spiky moss and stringy moss,

I managed to setup the Atman HOF for my office tank and I gave also brought a driftwood with moss (not sure since got mixed up taiwan, java & singapore). Well, I actually found a white slug (Kelvin found it first). I have removed it and left the tank running as it is. Quite a lot of people asked me where are the fishes and I have told them not yet. Actually I have not decided if I want to put in any fishes since I intend to use it to cultivate my moss since the temperature is very suitable for my plants. : P Will decided on them later, but likely be getting some shrimps as a preventive measure to control any algae.

I have also changed the light set for the shrimp tank at home with another one that is 11W. I have also moved the shrimp tank nearer to the window to receive indirect sunlight, hoping that the moss would grow better. I think it must have worked but have this green hair algae growing on them. Can see them dangling in the water current. I have also replaced the light tubes for both light set. I would be bringing the 9W light set to the office for the office tank.

I have purchased some spiky moss from Thomas (AQ) last Friday (15 Sep 06) since I think I have enough place to put these moss. I like these type of moss since it looks more pack. A bit similar to willow moss but smaller. After I got them, I put some in the breeder box with my pellias and narrow java fern plantlets in my Planted Tank 1. I put the rest at the shallow tank before I transfer them into another container. I have found some stringy moss in the spiky moss and kept them in the Planted tank 1 with the spiky moss to see if they can grow there. They are suppose to be low maintenance so should not be an issue. I have separated the moss into 4 trays and placed them in front of my window. Hope they can grow at this condition since in a tub, some parts cannot get any light and will die. Need them to be really low tech so I can keep them anywhere in my tanks. Will see how they does. I found some plant that looks like green algae but not exactly the same on the spiky moss and has fed them to my shrimps.

I have just bought 5 boraras maculatus and a small size breeder box from C328. The boraras maculatus are to replace some that had died and the breeder tank is used to hold my spiky moss in my office tank.

I will be preparing some driftwood and bogwood with moss to be put in office tomorrow. Looks like it is going to be a busy day for me tomorrow. : P

No comments: