Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Office tank up again, due to impulse...

I had been tempted to start my office tank again but was really put off by the bad algae boom for the previous setup. Today, I actually poured water into the tank again, so my office tank which I left idling in my office will definitely be up. Now just need to gather the equipment that I need first ... I got a spare EDEN 501 canister filter but I think the flowered is too much for this tank. I also think the pipes are too long for it too. I do not want to cut them in case I need them that long, in case I change tanks. I got a liking for 1 Ft cube tanks now. Oh dear... My main intention is to keep this office tank for growing my moss (java, Singapore and Taiwan) but most of the time the shrimps would eat them bare so I have no intentions to keep shrimps (for now) in this tank.

Here are some equipment that I will be using in this office tank.
- 1 Ft standard tank
- Black quartz gravel, from Stephen :)
- Atman HOF

Plants that will be housing:
Since I'm a sucker for moss, I would be getting some moss to be placed in this tank. I have some ready moss on driftwood that I have at home which I can bring here to cultivate.

What I worry is the light intensity in my office. Not sure it is bright enough for this tank. Since I buying a 1 Ft light set, might as well get another one.

Since I do not intent to put any fishes here at the moment, I do not have to bother about cycling the tank. Will see how the moss grows before planning what to do next. Since it is a low tech maintenance planted tank, no CO2 will be used.

No comments: