Saturday, September 02, 2006

New shrimps (Yamotos and green) for my collection

I could not wait any longer to get more new shrimps after the Hong Kong trip and decided to get more shrimps, mainly Yamatos for my Planted Tank 1 since it is having quite a lot of hair algae. The many cherries are not helping and the limited malayans are not much help.

Went to Clementi (C328). There, I found a pack of 12 yamotos ($6) after a hard search. Also found interesting green shrimps ($4) there. The auntie told me they are a mix of green and malayan offspring. I was wondering if they are neon green genes in them. Anyway they looked nice and cheap so I bought a pack. There are many bumble bee shrimps on sale today so can get them quick. However bumble bee shrimps are more sensitive shrimps so it is not easy to keep them. I have got a pack and I think I only have 1 survivor in my 1 ft cube shrimp tank.

However, 3 shrimps (2 Yamotos and 1 green) died before I can put them into my Planted Tank 1. The 2 Yamotos are starting to turn opaque so that is expected. The green just died when I unpack them. So I have left 10 Yamotos and 18 greens (estimate). I have put 6 green shrimps into my shallow tank to see if they can help me control the hair algae there.

I have taken photos of them but my sister took the camera for her Vietnam trip. Will post them once I get the camera back.

No comments: