Monday, December 19, 2005

There are 3 dealths for my fishes for this week. : (

The algae eating catfish was found upside down beside a pot with java moss. It did not move when I knock on the tank. Don't know why it died but likey due to overeating of algae (too many there in the container and I see green shit scattered in the container), my malayan shrimp attacked it (tail got hurt) or cannot adapt to the new environment.

On Saturday, 1 Cardinal tetra was swimming funny in my tank. Took it out and lightly dose with general aid seems to recover a bit but later in the evening, found that it's body started to bend. (dying soon) I had to end its suffering by giving it a painless death. : (

On evening, found that one of my Kuhli loach lying on its side. It was turning pale when I last saw it and finally it died on me. Just got the fella on Thursday only. : (

Finally got my act together to rescape my 2 planted tank to what I want after all the talking about it on 17 Dec 05. Did not wait for my Vallisneria americana (gigantea) or big version of grass plant to grow longer since they do not seem to grow well at all (after a combine attack from catfish and oto since no algae for them to eat). Here is the update for the 2 tanks.

First Planted tank:
Moved the cherry barbs to my low maintenance tank to the first planted tank. They seems not able to compete well with the swordtails for food. Also planted all the tiger lily into this tank. Main scape design a inverted U for a more spacious center for me to see the fishes. Previous aquascape was too crowded behind and cannot see the fishes hiding behind well enough. Have also replanted my hair grass as they seems to stop spreading. This would help them to spread more over the surface of the spacious center.

On Sunday, bought another 5 guppies to be placed in the first planted tank. To add colour to my planted tank.

Low maintenance Planted Tank:
Moved the white cloud mountain minnow to the low maintenance tank (since they compete too well for food compared to other faunas in the same tank) and seems to be fine with the swordtails. Did some minor changes to the aquascape compared to the previous setup. Just added a additional bogwood with java moss and removed a empty driftwood to be used as a shelter for the kulli loach in my first planted tank. Also planted hair grass to provide some foreground plants and all my Cryptocoryne beckettii in hope that they would grow better in this tank.

No pictures available as I have borrow my DC to my bro-in-law. Once I get it back will update the pictures with the information in them.

No comments: