Thursday, December 22, 2005

Another death today. : ( A guppy that I bought was found dead under a driftwood. May be due to water problem.

Went to Fu Wo Aquarium and bought a pot of foreground to cover my 2 planted tanks foreground, other than the hair grass that I'm using.. The lady boss inform me that they require high light. Have planted some in a tank with 36W light. Hope they can grow well there.

I noticed that my rummy noses are losing colour and looks pale. It might be due to some general aid (trying to cure a sick cardinal) had spilled over into the tank. Had changed 15% of the water yesterday. Also added some liquid BB and fertilizer. After a while, found that my rummy noses is red again.: ) This proves that they are good indicator for water condition. However, they seems to isolate within themselves and not swimming freely. May consider buying more rummy nose to join them.

Also bought 2 thermometers to determine the 2 planted tank temperature. Since got slight outbreak of ich (found by my sis a few days ago after I rescape the tanks). Since small amount, I have turned off the fan and leave the lights on to warm the water for the tanks. The temperature is close to 30 degress (wat I want) so it is still ok. Will monitor them for a while and if it gets worse, would take out the affected fishes and use medication to treat them. So far the fishes looks ok. No major scratching on the rocks or driftwood.

No comments: