Sunday, October 01, 2006

OH DEAR!!! Fishes dying fast ... HELP!!!

After removing the lapis sand and plants from Planted Tank 2, I shall official name this tank to be Bare Bottom Tank. For this Bare Bottom Tank, my intention is to put in 2 pieces of big drfitwood that I have but found both are infected with BBA so now kept them in a plastic container with water (added some algae remover into the water) to see if the BBA dies. I have also removed the 2 java ferns from their driftwoods and put the 2 driftwoods into this container to remove algae as well. I think will put them there for a week and see the progress. Also I should be getting more breeder boxes to put around the sides of the Bare Bottom Tank to cultivate my spiky moss that is currently placed near the window. This tank should also be used to cultivate plants that I have tied with moss, like the shallow tank that I have been using. If most of my small fishes died, I might start a new moss tank to keep CRS that I have been eyeing on for so long. Will see how things goes.

The fishes in Bare Tank 1 started to die. First 2 days only see 1-2 deaths per day. The third day I found 5 died. The deaths consists of Rummy noses, cherry barbs, white cloud mountains and cardinals. I suspect it is the new tank syndrome that is causing the deaths of my fishes. So I proceed to clean the canister filter and then proceed to remove most of the fishes out of this tank and leaving some in there to see if it works. I have transferred all the rest to my shallow tank and 3 cardinals had died after the shift. : ( As of now, there is no deaths in the Bare Bottom Tank.)

No comments: