Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Office tank and Bare bottom tank update ...

The office tank is currently going on well, with the addition of 3 green, 2 cherry and 1 yamoto shrimps. So far no deaths and the moss are growing but at a slow pace. There is always a layer of protein on the water surface so I assume the moss are growing well. Also my single crypt is growing well after the initial meltdown of 2 leaves. I was worried that the rather sharp black quartz might prevent the crypt from doing well in this tank but I was wrong. It seems to look better than all my crypts at home. : ) I have intention to bring in more cherries (hopefully they can have babies in my office tank) for this office since the shrimps here are all ok. However, all the shrimps likes to hide. I have also placed the hair algae infected moss closer to the bottom of the tank so that it will be easier for the shrimps to graze on it.

2 more deaths so far for the fishes in the Bare bottom tank. Of course a few more deaths at the shallow tank (cardinals only). I have placed some bogwood branches and 2 small pieces of drfitwood into the tank now. Also I have placed 2 glass vase with moss (to prevent mixing java with what I think is spiky moss). So far the moss and the hortwort are still ok.

I have managed to get the beads string (transparent type) from Chinatown beads shop at $1.30 for 0.4mm thickness a roll. I do not look for too thin ones as I was worried that they might cut the moss when I'm tying them. Now is to find time to tie the moss on my driftwood and also when my driftwood are free from BBA (still soaking in algae removal solution in a plastic container).

Found a LFS when I was at Geylang (meditation class). It is the Kingfisher aquarium. Below is the address:

KING FISHER AQUARIUM
76, Lorong 27 Geylang, Singapore 388194 (next to Aljunied MRT Station)
Tel : 6841 6816

It looks a little rundown and limited stock of accessories but still have quite a number of live stocks (fishes) and plants. Too bad I was on the way to my meditation class so did not stay there for long. The uncle seems to be knowledgeable in water plants as a customer came to him for help on lighting and plants to grow. May visit him next time. : )

No comments: