Monday, October 30, 2006

Grass shrimp shrimplets found!!

I was busy doing water change for my tanks on a Saturday evening when I found that the pregnant grass shrimp has given birth (it was pregnant and it somehow climbed into the plastic lunchbox where I kept some spiky moss for them to grow until I have use for them). I caught something moving in the lunch box when I was doing water change. Closer inspection, I found quite a number of shrimplets in the lunchbox. : )

I had to leave them in the lunch box as I was too tired to transfer them to the shrimp tank (1 ft cube). I did that on Sunday but as I was too lazy, I wanted to throw in all the water and shrimps (taken out the spiky moss already) but my wife insisted that the water is dirty and help me to catch them and put them in herself. She was scolding the boraras for swimming over to peck at the shrimplets when they were released into the tank. It was the last straw when she found her last shrimplet get eaten by a boraras. She took out all the boraras after that. So now left only the 1 badis badis and 1 oto. I must say that the shrimp population is not growing too well and medium sized shrimps were found dead. Maybe due to me messing up the place to rescape or the fishes in there are the main cause. I know my badis badis has been feeding on the shrimplets as I did not introduce any live food for it. Will see how it goes from now on.

No comments: