Sunday, January 01, 2006

Collected from Kenkht a shallow tank (20" x 15" x 8") and has a glass divider in the middle. Had a nice chat with him. Another knowledgeable guy. Intent to use this tank for my plants to settle down (holding tank) before they are transplanted to either of my planted tanks. Also intended to decroate it to look like a fountain (always wanted one). Got some ideas but still need to work on it. Will provide a picture of it once I completed it. Just bought most of the stuff that I need from Daiso (IMM) yesterday. Also bought 2 CO2 diffuser (too bad I broke one when try to push the stopper holder onto the glass tube).

Also completed tying the moss and java fern onto the 2 driftwood in my low maintenance planted tank today.

Status update:
Yesterday, another kuhli loach go to heaven again. The water looks and smells bad after I came home. Did major water change for the tank. Might be due to the ketapang leave that I have added in to lower the pH. : (

Also isolate a guppy that I thought have fin rot. Initially thought its tail was bitten by some other fishes but since it got so bad, I think otherwise and dose it with some general aid. Also isolate another guppy with a white patch on its side of the head with the guppy with fin rot. However the fin rot guppy seems to like to pick on the other guppy. Later found that guppy died in the container. The fin rot guppy is still ok.

Personal mini project update:
This is a new update in which records down what I intent to do for my planted tanks or new tanks but not in the order of importance.

1. Tie taiwan moss on bioball and stone.
2. Deco shallow tank into fountain. Need to get 1/2 hang on filter (HOF) to provide filteration for the shallow tank and water fall effect.
3. Buy more driftwood to use up the remaining singapore moss and java fern that I have left.
4. Start DIY CO2 for First planted tank and shallow tank.
5. Get a wooden stand for the 1 ft cube tank. Will keep cherry shrimps in that tank. Have not consider what lights for it yet.

No comments: