Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I have found that my 2 rummy nose likes to hide under a driftwood. I suspect that I do not have enough rummy noses. So last Friday, I found a great bargin at JE217 and bought a pack of 50 rummy nose to keep with my 2. Since I know that 50 is too much for me, I have placed 30 in the 2 ft planted tank with my 2 rummy nose and rest in the 2 ft low maintenance planted tank. At first the 2 rummy nose still likes to hide even with the 30 rummy nose but have saw them swimming with the rest of the rummy nose now. : )

I noticed that after introducing the 30 rummy nose, my tiger lily seems to be "melting" or rotting at the edge to the inside of the leave. Quite a few leaves are having this problem and I have taken out 3 already. This morning still see more leaves have this problem. Might be due to my rummy nose hungry and started eating the lily leaves.

The rummy nose not active enough to "fight" for the food that I feed. So most of them may not eat much (even if I overfeed). The food would be cleared by the chery barbs, guppies, cardinals and mollies before the rummy nose can eat anything left. : (

I have gave away 10 guppies to my mother-in-law and also most of the guppies in my tanks to my sister. I also gave away the swordtails to my sister as my wife complain that they might eat the guppy fries (mouth too big). Then I transfer the guppies from my low maintenance planted tank to the shallow tank (RHS) for females and 1 ft cube for males (cycling in progress).

No comments: