Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Right now, after putting the cherry shrimps into their new tank and also the kuhli loaches, I feel so tired but excited.

After I brought back the cherry shrimps, I have decided to decommission my 1 ft shrimp tanks and transfer the malayan shrimps to the newly setup 1 ft cube tank. This is to reduce the tanks in my house (also maintenance) and let the malayan shrimps test the new home first. After introducing the malayans, they looked ok so I proceed to add in the 20 cherry shrimps into the 1 ft cube tank as well. They don't look red at all when I first saw them but before I put them in, found 2-3 of them with stripes of red over their bodies. Then after I put them in, they seems to be hide a bit but now see them combing the moss for food. I have taken some pictures of them below.

Here you can see my new 1 ft cube shrimp tank setup. I have throw in all the mosses that I have decided to use for the shrimps into this tank. Have some more but need to decide where to tie to later if I need to. It now houses my malayan and cherry shrimps. I do notice that my malayan are more red than the cherry shrimps. Hope they jealous and become red too. : P

The cherry shrimp in the centre is one of those that I have bought that has red stripes.

Another picture of the same cherry shrimp. If you can notice, there is a very red malayan shrimp that is slightly on the right hand side. Not too obvious. Will try to get a better shot next time. My DC is not very good at taking close shots so must really trial and error until can get a sharp picture.

While putting the kuhli loaches into my shallow (RHS) tank, I have found 3 more guppy fries. I had a hard time trying to catch them since they almost look like the mulm (quite a lot in the bare bottom tank). Finally managed to catch all 3 and put them with the other guppy fries. Now I have a total of 10 guppy fries.

It is late now and need to Zzzzz..... So until next time....... For those coming to my house during CNY, can see it better since I was hoping that the shrimps would be more red by then. Will be feeding them fish food that hope to bring out the red in them. : )

No comments: