Monday, January 02, 2006

Just bought a new Atman HF-0100 (HOF) for my new 1 ft cube tank. Now letting it run in and also waiting for my new fshes (guppies) from a bro to help me cycle the tank before I go and buy some cherry shrimps for this tank. May put in some fishes in this tank but have not decided which ones to get. Below is the picture of the 1 ft tank setup.

My 1 ft tank setup for 2nd day. 1st day just add in water.

Also added left over taiwan & Singapore moss and java fern (LHS) and some driftwood for my 2 kuhli loaches (RHS) in my shallow tank. Have tried to convert the tank to look like some fountain style type but can only do so much with limited creativity. Bought some wood and foam board (dark wood colour) from Daiso and stones from Pasa Malum. Below are some pictures of the shallow tank.


How the shallow tank "fountain" looks like. Since no idea how to implement the "water fall", currently no extra gadgets yet. Thought of using HOF but need to much water and also not nice (unless can hide). Use pump but no idea now how to do a nice setup. Also the bigger wood are rather soft (sag a little when u step on them). Likely need to change to new ones which are stronger.

Close up of the shallow tank tank. LHS got Singapore & taiwan moss and java fern on 2 black plastic that I recycle from a HOF. Want to use them for moss carpet. The other got 2 driftwood (for kuhli loach to hide) and below the Singapore moss mesh.

LHS of shallow tank. Upper corner is Taiwan moss. Singapore moss on the left and some on the lower right. Some java fern scattered around the place. Can also see the black plastic.

RHS of shallow tank. Can see a little of the 2 driftwood and the Singapore moss mesh. Think the one of the kuhli loach have came out of their hiding place to steal a shot for the picture on the upper right corner. : ) I did feed them some tubifex worms that I bought this afternoon.

Status update:
No ich has been found on any of the fishes in my low maintenance tank. : D Will keep monitor for another week before can confirm ich problem is gone.

The fin rot guppy is recovering well but still got a little bit of fin rot, I think. But it is eating well (Kept forgetting to feed it when it comes to feeding time : P) Just changed water and add general aid again. Keep monitor it further.

Personal mini project update:
2. Deco shallow tank into fountain. Need to get 1/2 hang on filter (HOF) to provide filteration for the shallow tank and water fall effect.

Have started work on the shallow tank but still WORK IN PROGRESS. At least got some idea there already.


4. Start DIY CO2 for First planted tank and shallow tank.

May change my mind on this. Still thinking about it. Have a pet bottle filled with sugar and water. Just need to add yeast and bicarbonate and good to go.

5. Get a wooden stand for the 1 ft cube tank. Will keep cherry shrimps in that tank. Have not
consider what lights for it yet.

Got a side table inside my master bedroom for the stand. (Save cost : D) Likely using the 18W IKEA light from my 1 ft shrimp tank. Getting the red (ugly) 9W table lamp from my old house as the lighting for the 1 ft shrimp tank.

No comments: