Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Just some minor updates since nothing much has happened...

Have found 1/2 shrimps outside my shrimp tank during spring cleaning (not sure about the other one as I vacuum too fast. Don't know why they like to jump. Too bad not become dried shrimps. At least less crowded now. Hope the cherrys grow bigger and have eggs soon. I can't wait. : P Also found a dried kuhli loach. Also don't know why it jumped out of the tank. Now I left with 4 of them. : (

My tiger lilies still looks the same. Still got some rotting leaves but since almost botak, not much leaves to rot now. Maybe the root monster effect still have not kick in yet or I need to inject CO2... See how first. Now ran out of pet bottles...

1 Cherry shrimp has died but I could not determine the cause. Poor fella... Now I got 19 of them left. : ( At least my 10 boraras maculatus are still living well in my 1 ft tank. : )

I have decided to add a DIY fan for the 1 ft cube shrimp tank to reduce the temperature since it can rise up to 29 and lowest around 27. Now can hit 25?!? and highest around 27 (if I not wrong as did not see it in the afternoon). Should be better for the shrimps and moss with such temp but water evaporate fast. Just top up water yesterday night.

Just now saw a bro mentioned that the secret to red cherry shrimps is to add KTP leaves. Will be adding 1 tonight after I get home. Hope it works!

No comments: