Saturday, February 11, 2006

Equipment update:
The DIY CO2 generator was a not successful. It does not generate enough CO2/pressure to push out to the wooden air stone in the shrimp tank. Was so sick of squeezing the bottle to see CO2 so might redo the whole thing soon. Last time I did was ok. Worse case do it like the last time.

Notice my HOF flow rate is getting slower. Would be doing some maintenance soon. Just ask some bro in forum to advice before I do the maintenance.

Plants update:
Tiger lily still not much changes. Don't know if the root monster don't work or not enough. See how it goes.

Since my Singapore moss carpet was a failure (not put them not close enough, got too much empty patches and also got too much hair algae growing on them. Will redo that soon.

If got time, might tie more moss on the bogwood (shrimp tank) since it still looks bare.

Tank update:
Shrimps and my boraras are still getting well in the shrimp tank. I have added a ketapang leaf to my shrimp tank HOF. Does notice some redness in my cherry shrimps or it is due to the yellow water? See how it goes. Some bro has mentioned to leave the tank alone and the shrimps would thrive. May do that soon since I be on ICT on 20 Feb - 3 Mar 06. Will ask my sis to help me feed them since my wife would not be home during my absence.

No new updates for the other 3 tanks.

Others:
A friend has recommend me to buy flakes for my fishes since his fishes were doing very well with that fish food. He recommended me a brand (forgot what brand it is but in a bigger yellow plastic bottle cost $6 at JE217). Will try it out after I finish my current fish food (bought too much spare so cannot buy new ones now).

No comments: