Sunday, June 11, 2006

Decom filters and new plant... Hair Grass finally!

I have managed to secure a small batch of hair grass from Gummynut (Aq) who happens to live near where I live. Now they are in a corner of my Planted Tank 1. He has also gave me some Camboma Caroliniana which is still in my shallow tank right now. Funny thing is that after I put in the Camboma Caroliniana, I have lost 2 kuhli loaches already (they have jumped out of the tank and dried up. Also found one before but I managed to save it. Will transfer them to the Planted Tank 2 tonight.


Picture of the hairgrass I got from gummynut. : ) Hope it is able to survive in my tank. "PRAY HARD"!

I have decommissioned my OHF (Planted Tank 2) and Eheim 2213 (Planted Tank 1). Now using the 2231 for both tanks finally. Now solely running the Eheim 2231s. No major issue except seeing a cherry shrimp got stuck at the inlet cover. Off the pump to let it loose and on back again. Should be sucking those cherry shrimplets again. : ( Need to get some fine mesh to cover the holes! Need to find one first.

Found that my HOF for the shallow tank was making a noise last Friday. I could not identify what was it so I off the pump and work on it tomorrow. It as found that there was a dead kuhli loach in the motor chamber. It must have jumped into the outlet and got sucked into it. I have found out too late. : ( Did take a pictures of the dead kuhli loach. The skin colour is the kuhli loach if you cannot guess where it is.


Saw this hungry snail working on my glass wall in Planted Tank 1. Could see its red mouth working on the glass. Very cute! At least I can see them working...

No comments: