Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Clown killies jumped

Found 2 dead clown killies on the floor this morning when I was having my dose of chinese medicine. I could not understand why they would jumped out. Some more 2. : ( Should be lovers, that is what I can conclude. Now left only 1 clown killie left in my 1 ft tank. Should be considerin shifting some of the boraras back to the 2 ft tank since it looks a little crowded with the boraras around. Maybe I would get a few more if I see them (saw some in C328 previously).

The Planted Tank 1 have 2 pregnant cherries again. I would be looking some netting to cover the inlet of the canister filter to prevent small shrimps or shrimplets to be sucked into the filter. (Happened to me already but they are ok when I found the shrimps).

Found that the amazon swordplants are not growing well in my 2 ft tanks. I was thinking that they should be in the stage where they are still trying to adapt to my tanks as I can still see some younger leaves looks ok but older old got holes or not growing well. Also picked out some hair algae and feed them to my shrimps from Planted Tank 1. Cherries are not eating the hair aglae fast enough or at all. Malayans are lazy to climb so high to eat the hair algae. : ( The hair grass is still in my Planted Tank 1. No issue at the moment. Hope it grows more hair grass soon!

Was at BioPlast (Boon Keng). Saw nice moss and other plants in the LFS. Have also asked why my taiwan moss grow like java moss. He mentioned that taiwan needs more light (using 18W, the uncle recommended) and also CO2 (not interested in setting or buy any) so let it be then. Maybe would get another table lamp to increase it to 18W. Hm...

When changing water for Planted Tank 2, found that the protein layer buildup is quite bad and had to scoup out them in order to get a nicer water surface. The protein layer at Planted Tank 1 is back already. : ( So fast! Also changed the 24hr timer (for lights and fans) as it is not accurate and I think it is faulty.

On the trip to Desaru, I was at a herbal farm where the uncle there gave me some plants that he said can be put into the aquarium. They are found growing on soil. They looks nice (one of them is pinkish red in colour and the other is green). Looks like arrow head to me. Now they are house in my shallow tank until I can find time to plant them into my tanks (which one should I put???). Did find a LFS there but did not find anything I like there.

No comments: