Thursday, March 30, 2006

Shrimplets update and more ...

Was looking at my shrimp tank and found quite a lot of shrimplets there. Looks like they were hiding somewhere when I was looking for them. They are about 5mm or slightly smaller but some already have their cherry red showing on their body. : ) Glad that the first 2 batch of cherry shrimplets are fine now. I was hoping to introduce a new batch every now and then to reduce the cross-breeding problem (weaker genes and might affect their colour). I think after introducing the next new batch, should be able to sell some of them off (still at least 6 months if I not wrong).

I have put back the white cloud mountain back to the tank. Still have a white head when I put it in but it looks a little blur back in the tank. Hopefully it can recover in there (not so during the last try)

I also found a starved guppy (so thin with tattered tail fin). Could not understand why it is like this. Did not notice it until few days ago. Just quarantined it in a plastic container and see how it goes. Water looks slightly cloudly after a day. Looks like need to change water soon...

My money plants seems to be growing well at the new environment. Glad that they are adapting well.

Still have not find time to rescape my 2 ft tanks. Still got no solid idea how I want to do it this time round (except the concept of the island aquarium scape). I was also thinking of selling off some of my rummy nose and white cloud mountain to reduce the bioload and also hope to keep control of the BBA problem that I'm having now. Have not decided yet. See how first.

No comments: