Monday, March 20, 2006

Cherry shrimplets found!

Just found that the title post is off, no wonder I cannot write a title for each post. Never mind, can start now.

Cherry shrimplets found! I was looking at the shrimp tank and I found a cherry shrimplet (rather red for its size) on the moss. Then I also found another little red cherry shrimplet at the other side of the moss. They are growing bigger so should be seeing more of them soon. Also a cherry shrimp seems to be pregnant again. Looks like more cherry shrimplets to come!

I did some trimming of the java ferns in the low maintenance planted tank since quite a lot of java ferns leaves are getting brown. I have also removed some of the hair grass but leave them floating. Also tried to remove snails when I can see them. I also think that the 36W tube is getting too old and not producing enough light for my plants. May change a new tube.

I also took out the tiger lily (less red ones) since they are infested with holes. I was suspecting that the oto or the snails are the culprit. Since I got 2 glass vases from IKEA, I have planted the small tiger lily plantlets there for the time being. Actually found quite a few plantlets (5)instead of the 2 initially there. I have also added lapis sand with root monster for the tiger lilies and place them beside the window. Hope they grow better now.

The white cloud mountain looks better now. I have forgotten to change the water yesterday. Will do it tonight. Will quarantine him for a week more before I put him back.

The problem with rescaping is that I do not have enough plants to do the rescaping. I was thinking of using the bogwood and moss to cover the whole foreground and using high driftwood to create the height, instead of using plants. Let me rethink over the plan and if it is possible, may do a major scaping design change for my planted tank. Just need to make sure the driftwood and bogwood can fix into the 2 ft tank bottom. Hmm....

1 comment:

Diki said...

Hmm... For what? Blog my hobby is more interesting than work (to me, networking is work). Also currently still do not have a network at home. So nothing to write. Why not u start one and I join in instead??

Actually is:
fish -> plant -> ??