Monday, July 10, 2006

Office tank gone wrong & minor updates

It has been a while that my office tank has been affected by some brown algae on the moss and green slimy algae on the glass wall. It was a bad think to watch after all my effort of setting one nice planted tank display in my office. I have tried to get 4 malayan shrimps to help me clean up the place but they are not so effective. I have cut off the artifical light now and removed the driftwood with Singapore moss home. Now plant left is taiwan moss on a small stone. 1 of the malayan shrimp also died. With the news that there is some renovation going on in my office, looks like this tank would have to go. I still have not decided yet whether to decommission the whole tank or temporary put at the pantry until the place is ready. Anyway, losing some interest in aquatic hobby now as I'm in search for some personal time for myself (can read up in my other journal blog).

I have taken out most of the BBA infected crypts from the Planted Tank 2 and threw them into the shrimp tank, hoping the shrimps would do their wonders. It does not seem to be much help so may have to find time to manually clean the BBA from the crypts before I replant them back (may take longer than I think since I'm short of time these few week).

I have also found that 2 boraras got affected with dropsy. I think both of them have been dead by now since I have not been able to spot them anymore. One of them in Planted Tank 1 was really bad (even got a really bad sunken stomach).

No comments: